Do you want your eyes to stand out on your wedding day, but aren’t sure exactly what route to go? Yakima’s premier lash and brow studio has broken down the three most popular methods – Falsies, Extensions, and Lifts – for making your lashes stand out on your wedding day
What’s right for one bride won’t necessarily be right for you. There are a lot of factors at play; budget, lifestyle, maintenance, eye shape – and how natural you want them to look.
There’s the traditional false lash, which gives fantastic definition and drama, is waterproof and sweat-proof- but can be a little messy to apply. Then there are some more longer-lasting options like a lash lift, which can last for several months and gives a beautiful, natural lift; or eyelash extensions, which add instant drama that lasts for weeks.
What are Falsies?
Strip lashes, otherwise referred to as ‘falsies’, are non-permanent, false hairs attached to a strip which are then glued to your eyelid slightly above the lashes to add volume. These come in a variety of styles, lengths, and widths- from the full strip, half strip to outer corner strip lashes (a small cluster of lashes that are just applied to the outer third of your eye to accentuate and lift your eye shape).
- Very affordable $5-50 a set
- Can give you a natural or full glam look based on preference
- Can be reused!
- Have to be taken off before bed
- Difficult to apply
- They cannot get wet (not tear-proof)
- Cleaning after each use is recommended
- Some can be noticeably fake looking
- Requires separate purchase of glue
- Some glues can cause eye irritation
- Natural lashes can get ripped off if not applied correctly
- Ends can lift throughout wear
- Can be tough to conceal the band
- Can be uncomfortable, heavy
What are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions are where small clusters of lashes are joined to your own lash line to give volume and length. You can go from natural to full-on drama with extensions, and the results generally last around 4 weeks.
- They can look natural or dramatic, with no strip to hide
- Fully customizable and tailored to you
- Save time getting ready
- Weightless feel
- Waterproof, sweat-proof, tear-roof, smudge-proof (no mascara needed)
- Last 4-6 weeks with natural shedding, or maintain with biweekly fills
- Great for all events leading up to and after the wedding (rehearsal dinner, photoshoot, honeymoon, etc)
- Requires professional application
- More expensive than Falsies or Lifts
- Recommended daily cleansing
- Going to an unlicensed person can result in problems*
- Possibility of allergic reaction**
What are Lash Lifts?
An eyelash lift is another alternative, which involves curling your lashes up onto a silicone pad while your eyes are taped closed, and applying a solution that breaks the bond in the hairs and re-sets them in an upward curved shape (like a perm does to your hair strands) see the process here.
- Quicker process than extensions
- Results last for 6-8 weeks with proper aftercare
- Waterproof after 24 hours
- Cheaper than Extensions
- Great for those with downward, straight lashes
- Requires professional
- Least dramatic of the options
Additional Lash Lifts and Extension comparison here!
So which options should you choose? Falsies, extensions, and lifts meet particular needs and are great in different ways and each has its pros and cons. By understanding the differences you can better choose what’s right for you!
Bespoke Beautii is Yakima, WA’s premiere lash and brow studio and we are always happy to have a consultation with you before getting started. We can help you choose the service that will work best for you and your wants & needs.